Corner Brook house fire likely caused by candles
House on Veterans Square extensively damaged
The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary in Corner Brook says a house fire on Saturday evening was likely caused by candles left unattended.
Police were called to the home on Veterans Square Saturday evening.
The power was out due to the bad weather, and the house was unoccupied at the time.
It was extensively damaged and the family's cat was found dead on the property.
Investigators said the fire was accidental.