$30M lottery winner yet to come forward
It's almost a week since the $30 million Lotto Max jackpot was drawn, and the entire province is still waiting for winner to come forward.
Atlantic Lottery spokesperson Jennifer Lawlor said sometimes winners — especially big winners — take their time.
"It actually depends on the winner," said Lawlor. "Maybe they're waiting for some family to come home or they want to speak to a financial planner or something like that before they come in."
Lawlor said there's a possibility that the winner still doesn't know they've won because they haven't checked their ticket.
On Thursday, second-prize winners Colleen and Joe Gulliver of St. John's took possession of their over-sized lotto cheque for $403,624.
Since winning, Joe purchased a new truck, and the couple has planned a trip to Disneyland. The Gullivers said the mortgage on the house they purchased last year will also be taken care of.
The Gullivers are over the moon.
"Oh, we're very, very happy, we're just so thrilled, so excited."
Meanwhile, rumours continue to swirl about who the winner might be.
"Hopefully someday soon, somebody's going to come forward and we'll be able to plan another big party like this one today," said Lawlor.
Joe Gulliver has even volunteered to teach the $30 million winner the 'happy dance.'