Upper Gagetown family safe after fire guts home
A family in Upper Gagetown is safe after fire gutted their home early Tuesday morning.
Members of the Oromocto Fire Department cleared the scene of a house fire in Upper Gagetown before 8 a.m.
Richard Cummings, Oromocto deputy fire chief, said a single family home was heavily damaged and a family has been displaced, but no one was hurt.
He said volunteer firefighters from two other departments remained on the scene, watching for hot spots.
The fire marshal's office is investigating.
Traffic was restricted on Route 102 near civic address 1100, causing some slowdowns for motorists.