Several tenants of a north end Saint John apartment building are in temporary accommodations after a fire last night.
Emergency officials say it started at about 9:30 p.m. in a building at 126 Main St. North.
Firefighters met with intense flames and heavy smoke inside a ground-floor unit at the back of the building, where it appeared someone had left a pot on a stove.
Fire officials managed to contain the fire to that apartment, but it had extensive damage. There was smoke damage throughout the building.
No one was injured.
A city bus was brought to the scene as a temporary shelter for tenants.
The Canadian Red Cross says it helped six people find a place to sleep for the night.