Right whale struggles in fishing gear Monday
Air Date: Aug 31, 2017 11:23 AM AT
Video obtained by Radio-Canada and taken by a government aircraft shows right whale 3245 entangled in ropes Monday. Officials are still trying to confirm if it has since freed itself.
Latest New Brunswick News Headlines
The panel assembles to discuss marijuana legalization in the province. The Gallant government is pushing ahead toward next July's deadline but opposition voices wonder whether New Brunswick will be ready.
Here's how the species came to be in such deep trouble.
Riverview teen Becca Schofield, who has terminal brain cancer, said it is the acts of kindness she sees every day that keep her going.
Dan and Jacques look at the cabinet shuffle, including three Liberal departures and the premier's new role in Saint John, as well as the latest CRA polling and the potential demise of the Energy East pipeline.
Top News Headlines
- McDonald's owes apology to child who saved up change, says fellow customer
- The story of whale rescuer Joe Howlett's death
- Snow crab trap cut from right whale carcass on N.B. island
- Mountie Frank Deschênes was 'one of the golden ones,' funeral hears
- Leo Hayes principal defends refusing yearbook memorial to dead student
- Parents miss out on $18,000 in child benefits
- Retired Mountie who smuggled narwhal tusks headed to U.S. prison
- Equifax data breach a 'digital disaster' for Canadians
- 'Unfair and oppressive': Court scolds province for interfering with treaty right
- Gastroenterologist 'clarifies' reasons for leaving Saint John
- Fredericton teen missing since July has been found
- Coast Guard ship fined for going too fast in Gulf of St. Lawrence