Surfing the Petitcodiac in 1967
Air Date: Aug 24, 2017 1:00 AM AT
In 1967, five teenagers from the United States made the trip to Moncton with the goal of becoming the first to surf the tidal bore of the Petitcodiac River.
Latest New Brunswick News Headlines
Students in Fredericton are protesting the price of parking passes, saying an unpaved, potholed lot behind the Aitken Centre at the University of New Brunswick is frequently the only place to deposit their vehicles.
A suit of armour stolen from a Saint John store has been returned.
The panel assembles to discuss Premier Brian Gallant's ultimatum to Liberal MLA Donald Arseneault: quit the second job as a government relations officer or sit as an independent.
The student was told by a Syrian boy this was not the first time something like that happened.
Top News Headlines
- Checking for ticks: Maps show pest's hotspots in the Maritimes
- Inclusion model a 'race to the bottom,' says policy expert
- 9 people face almost 190 charges related to illegal moose harvesting
- N.S. woman dead after crash in northeast N.B.
- RCMP investigating after woman found dead in Super 8 hotel
- The 'unemployed taxi driver' who bought a $1M theatre
- The mystery of the Dalhousie Mountain carvings
- Breakup song: a Saint John musician's super-sad Kijiji ad
- Saint John tea producer's $100K Dragons' Den deal falls through
- Cuts to fire and police services proposed in Saint John's draft budget
- New Brunswick names Zenabis as 3rd supplier of recreational pot
- 3-vehicle collision leaves 2 people dead in Miramichi