Surfing the Petitcodiac in 1967
Air Date: Aug 24, 2017 1:00 AM AT
In 1967, five teenagers from the United States made the trip to Moncton with the goal of becoming the first to surf the tidal bore of the Petitcodiac River.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest New Brunswick News Headlines
Heavy rain caused water levels to rise in Hoyt, N.B., on Saturday morning. The small New Brunswick community was decimated by flooding.
The small New Brunswick community was decimated by flooding like many parts of New Brunswick.
This week the panel debates the controversial deal to give Medavie control over extra-mural care, Tele-Care.
East Coast folk get a passing grade in a good Samaritan test set up by the region's credit unions.
Top News Headlines
- Impressive pearl found in Bay of Fundy scallop
- Beer... in this place: new road signs point to nearest brews
- Conditions in Dorchester prison unit too dangerous for staff, union says
- Dorchester prison under lockdown for 3rd evening
- White nationalist group says more racist posters coming to UNB
- Plastic bags woven into sleeping mats for Fredericton's homeless
- Briefcase found in attic holds clues to secret society of francophones
- Equipment failure leaves thousands in Moncton area without power
- Stronger ties needed between Quebec and N.B., minister says
- UNB building evacuated due to chemical spill
- Fredericton doctor with 'too many patients' forced to leave city
- What's on tap? Craft beer book authors share top N.B. picks