Surfing the Petitcodiac in 1967
Air Date: Aug 24, 2017 1:00 AM AT
In 1967, five teenagers from the United States made the trip to Moncton with the goal of becoming the first to surf the tidal bore of the Petitcodiac River.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest New Brunswick News Headlines
Master carpenter Jeremy Burrill felt boxed out of the casket market by local funeral homes. So he came up with an Ikea-like alternative for $699.
University of New Brunswick student Javon Masters is only 26 points away from becoming the all-time leading scorer in U Sports basketball history.
Heavy rain caused water levels to rise in Hoyt, N.B., on Saturday morning. The small New Brunswick community was decimated by flooding.
The small New Brunswick community was decimated by flooding like many parts of New Brunswick.
Top News Headlines
- Canadian at centre of Facebook data scandal cut political teeth with Liberals
- Lawyer charges grieving family thousands for time spent responding to complaint against him
- What to expect from Russia during Putin's next 6 years in power
- Newfoundlanders in love with rural life lament small-town resettlement strategy
- Boxer David Whittom dies after 10 months in a coma following Fredericton fight
- NB Power seeks to impose 'weather tax' to help pay for storm damage
- Bathurst-area residents still digging out from latest nor'easter
- Miramichi police say drunk driver was 4 times over legal limit
- Alberta wins gold at university hockey championship over St. FX
- St. FX., Alberta both advance to national hockey championship with overtime wins
- N.B. boxer David Whittom remembered by those closest to him
- 'I didn't want to hit him again:' Boxer regrets putting opponent in hospital
- Moncton company launches app to help you save money
- 2 men admit beating Victoria County man to death
- Mona Sock, a life stolen by abuse
- Minister doesn't want anyone else stranded at night by jail staff