Environment Canada has issued a freezing rain warning for communities in northwest and central New Brunswick.
These areas include
- Campbellton and Restigouche County
- Edmundston and Madawaska County
- Grand Falls and Victoria County
- Mount Carleton — Renous Highway
- Stanley — Doaktown — Blackville Area
- Woodstock and Carleton County
Special weather statements were also issued for the Acadian Peninsula, the Bathurst and Chaleur region, as well as the Miramichi area.
"A vigorous low pressure system will bring [wintry] conditions to northern New Brunswick early on Sunday," reads the Environment Canada warning.
"Freezing rain is forecast to begin early on Sunday and persist for several hours. It should change over to rain by noon. Morning driving conditions may be treacherous so caution should be exercised."