NB Newsmaker July 24
Air Date: Jul 24, 2013 2:37 PM AT
Rachel Cave talks with Steve Turnbull a biologist who studies porbeagle sharks and he explains why he is troubled by photos coming from Grand Manan. Turnbull says the species are misunderstood and the boastful hunting-trophy-type images do not help.
Latest New Brunswick News Headlines
The panel assembles to discuss marijuana legalization in the province. The Gallant government is pushing ahead toward next July's deadline but opposition voices wonder whether New Brunswick will be ready.
Here's how the species came to be in such deep trouble.
Riverview teen Becca Schofield, who has terminal brain cancer, said it is the acts of kindness she sees every day that keep her going.
Dan and Jacques look at the cabinet shuffle, including three Liberal departures and the premier's new role in Saint John, as well as the latest CRA polling and the potential demise of the Energy East pipeline.
Top News Headlines
- 'You are all winners': Prince Harry opens Invictus Games with message of inspiration
- Canada could win the Amazon sweepstakes due to Trump scaring 'the bejesus out of everyone'
- North Korean envoy at UN rolls out new threats against U.S., Trump responds on Twitter
- Merkel favoured to win historic 4th term as Germans head to polls
- Why did the chicken cross the road? 'He's got a Tim Hortons addiction'
- How it feels to be a $15,000 winner — for a few minutes
- McDonald's owes apology to child who saved up change, says fellow customer
- Pot producer to hold job fair to keep up with demand
- Talk of tax reform yields frosty reception for Federal Finance Minister
- High-risk areas for Lyme disease expand to include Moncton
- 'National treasure': Edmundston gives up its Lancaster bomber
- Gastroenterologist 'clarifies' reasons for leaving Saint John
- 3 anglophone students tackle university entirely in French
- Rescue group takes in 'unprecedented' 21 cats after fire
- John Ryan Turner, Jackie Brewer get memorial
- Deer Island lobster storage facility 'decimated' by fire