Moncton 'park golfer' released on conditions pending trials
Mike Delahunt, who is facing assault and threat charges, ordered to get anger management assessment
The so-called park golfer in Moncton has been released from custody on conditions pending his trials.
Mike Delahunt, 30, was scheduled to have a provincial court trial on Wednesday on a charge of breaching the conditions of his previous release.
Delahunt has been ordered to attend the Moncton mental health clinic for an anger management assessment.
His previous release conditions of staying out of all municipal parks and having no contact with the alleged victim Fred Leidemer, or Leidemer's wife, Karen, remain in effect.
Delahunt made headlines last September for allegedly assaulting a man who had confronted him about using Victoria Park as a driving range.
Leidemer said his wife was almost hit by a golf ball while walking along the park, so he confronted the golfer. He alleges the golfer shoved and punched him and he suffered a broken arm and a missing tooth.
Delahunt is charged with assault causing bodily harm in connection with that alleged incident.
On April 12, Leidemer alleged he saw Delahunt breaching his release conditions by golfing by the park and Delahunt was charged with breaching the conditions of his release.
Then in May, Delahunt was charged with assault, threats and breach of conditions in connection with another alleged incident involving Leidemer.
RCMP said there was an altercation on Cameron Street involving some eggs being thrown on May 28.
Delahunt has been in custody since then.
A trial date for the breach of conditions charge will be set