Moncton fire sends 1 woman to hospital
Total of 6 people displaced by fire at St. George Street rooming house
A woman was sent to hospital and six people have been displaced after an overnight fire that damaged a two-storey rooming house in downtown Moncton.
The fire, in the 100-block of St. George Street, was reported around 4 a.m. Saturday. There was no immediate word on the cause.
About a dozen people were initially evacuated from the building but some were allowed to return to their rooms once the fire was out.
Dan Bedell, a spokesperson for the Canadian Red Cross, said disaster volunteers have arranged emergency lodging, food and clothing purchases for the six people displaced by the fire.