Moncton fire leaves one man homeless

A man has been left homeless after a two-storey house was extensively damaged by fire early Sunday morning in Moncton.

Man was at work when the fire broke out

The Moncton Fire Deparment extinquished a fire at a residence on Churchill Street early Sunday morning. (Submitted by Brian McDonald)

A man has been left homeless after a two-storey house on Churchill Street in Moncton was extensively damaged by fire early Sunday morning.

The man was at work at the time of the fire. 

Canadian Red Cross volunteers are helping the man with emergency lodging, food and clothing.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.