Man guilty of causing disturbance at Moncton RCMP memorial

David Earle Crawford, 19, of Riverview, has pleaded guilty to causing a disturbance at a memorial to three murdered Moncton Mounties outside the Codiac RCMP detachment, but not guilty to uttering threats to police during the same incident.

David Earle Crawford pleaded not guilty to uttering threats to RCMP during the June 9 incident

A Riverview man has pleaded guilty to causing a disturbance at a flower-filled memorial outside the Codiac RCMP detachment just days after the three Mounties were shot and killed and two others were wounded.

David Earle Crawford , 19, of Riverview, remains under house arrest until his next court appearance on Jan. 6. (Facebook)
David Earle Crawford, 19, admitted in Moncton provincial court on Tuesday to causing a disturbance on June 9 by shouting and swearing.

But he pleaded not guilty to uttering threats to RCMP officers during the same incident.

Crawford has also pleaded guilty to possession of a "small amount of drugs" and to breaching a curfew on July 6.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on Jan. 6 on the three charges he pleaded guilty to.

A trial on the uttering threats charge is expected to be held on the same day.

Crawford, who remains released on house arrest, is still under an order to have no contact with Justin Bourque or Jasper John Stam.

A memorial to the Mounties who were killed in the June 4 Moncton shootings grew outside the Codiac RCMP headquarters to include flowers, notes and other gifts of condolences. (Stephen Puddicombe/CBC)
Bourque, 24, of Moncton, pleaded guilty earlier this month to three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder in connection with the Mountie shootings in Moncton on June 4.

A sentencing hearing for Bourque is scheduled for Oct. 27.

Stam, 25, of Moncton, pleaded guilty in June to uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm about police to another person between May 10 and 18.

Stam, who was released from custody on strict conditions, is scheduled to return to court for a sentencing hearing on Sept. 9.

The conditions of Crawford's house arrest were adjusted on Tuesday, at the request of defence lawyer Jean Trahan.

Crawford will now live with his father in Moncton, the courtroom heard.

His new curfew will be between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. to allow him to do temporary work and possibly attend the New Brunswick Community College to get his GED, a high school equivalency diploma.

Constables Douglas James Larche, 40, from Saint John, N.B.; Dave Joseph Ross, 32, from Victoriaville, Que.​; and Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45, originally from Boulogne-Billancourt, France were killed by a heavily armed gunman on June 4.

Constables Éric Stéphane J. Dubois and Marie Darlene Goguen were wounded in the attack.