Is Fredericton's version of a 'woonerf' nothing more than a contradiction?
Air Date: Dec 11, 2017 6:38 PM AT
Woonerfs are meant to be pedestrian-friendly streets but Fredericton's version has an unusual characteristic: free 30-minute parking that might attract more cars than people to this area.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest New Brunswick News Headlines
Heavy rain caused water levels to rise in Hoyt, N.B., on Saturday morning. The small New Brunswick community was decimated by flooding.
The small New Brunswick community was decimated by flooding like many parts of New Brunswick.
This week the panel debates the controversial deal to give Medavie control over extra-mural care, Tele-Care.
East Coast folk get a passing grade in a good Samaritan test set up by the region's credit unions.
Top News Headlines
- Hassan Diab, Canadian university professor charged with terrorism in France, is back in Canada
- Abandoned Toronto newborn's condition worsens as police seek mother
- Figure skaters Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir named Canada's flag-bearers
- California mother of 13 children held captive had no idea why police were at her home
- Musquash, N.B., residents free to return home as dam's water levels recede
- Flooding widespread throughout New Brunswick after weekend storm
- New Brunswick mom warns other parents after children buried in snow
- Swiss ban against boiling lobster alive brings smiles — at first
- New Brunswick's wild weather causes chaos across the province
- Hoyt firefighters rescue people, animals — community 'devastated' about damage to historic bridge
- Wet, windy and warm weather wreaks havoc in Atlantic Canada
- Property owners hurt by flood given special line to report damage
- Thousands face power outages, flooding as heavy rains wallop New Brunswick
- 89 vessels broke speed limit designed to protect North Atlantic right whales
- Police dog easily tracks down Saint John steak thief
- New grocery store in Edmundston, N.B. opens with zero waste policy