si-nb-campbellton-fire-220

The RCMP and fire crews are investigating a a fire at the old Flagship bar in Campbellton that broke out at 6 p.m. on Saturday. (CBC)

The RCMP and fire crews are investigating a fire at a former bar in downtown Campbellton that happened at 6 p.m. on Saturday.

The fire broke out at the old Flagship nightclub, which was unoccupied at the time.

The building is a total loss but police say it's not suspicious.

The police say they think the fire may have started with an electrical problem.

The only parts of the building that are left standing are the walls. The police have cordoned off the area around the building in case the brick walls collapse.

The building has been unoccupied for at least a year.

The fire was so large that two nearby fire departments were called to help.