A former daycare operator from Notre-Dame accused of sexually abusing a youth has requested a jury trial.
Hedwidge Surette, 63, is charged with sexual interference, sexual assault, invitation to sexual touching, sexual assault by more than one accused against a single victim and forcible confinement.
Her lawyer says it will be up to the public to determine whether she is guilty. No trial date has been set.
A preliminary inquiry will be held on March 11 to determine if there's enough evidence to proceed to a trial.
The charges stem from alleged incidents between 2000 and 2004 at an unlicensed residential daycare in Notre-Dame run by Surette and her husband, Ronald Gaudet, 64.
The RCMP started an investigation after receiving a complaint.
Police have since asked for the public's help to track down other complainants.
But no one has come forward since the allegations surfaced more than a month ago.
Surette's husband is facing the same five charges, but the Crown prosecutor has said his case may not be heard.
Gaudet has terminal cancer and is expected to go into palliative care, the Crown has said.
Surette was released from custody earlier this month on strict conditions.
She was ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim or their family, or anyone under the age of 16. She was also required to report to the RCMP weekly and abide by a curfew of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The daycare is no longer in business.