A major roadwork blitz this weekend is expected to turn Highway 40 and other Quebec roadways into a nightmare for drivers.
The westbound highway will be closed between St-Charles Boulevard in Kirkland and Anciens-Combattants Boulevard in Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue from Friday at 10 p.m. until Saturday at 10 a.m. and then again from Saturday at 9 p.m. to Sunday at 9 a.m.
Transports Québec said drivers will be detoured via St-Charles Boulevard to Highway 20.
The eastbound Hwy 40 will also be closed in the same area on Saturday from 9 p.m. until Sunday at 9 a.m. Transports Québec spokesman Mario St-Pierre said drivers will be able to take the eastbound service road.
Those closures are just some among many expected for this weekend. Lane reductions and closures are listed for Rigaud, Vaudreuil-Dorion and other roads near the Quebec-Ontario border.
The Jacques-Cartier Bridge will also be closed Saturday from 8:30 p.m. to midnight for the fireworks competition at La Ronde.
Between Montreal and Laval: Hwy 15 in the Médéric-Martin Bridge area
- South: Two of three lanes closed between Cartier Boulevard in Laval and Dudemaine Street in Montreal, from Sunday at 11 p.m. to Monday at 4 a.m.
- North: Two of three lanes closed between Cote-Vertu Boulevard/Sauvé Street in Montreal and Cartier Boulevard in Laval, from Friday at 11:59 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
Transports Québec recommends taking Hwy 13 or Hwy 19 instead.
Between Montreal and Longueuil: Highway 25
- North: Two of three northbound lanes in Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel closed from Sunday at 11 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
- In St-Hyacinthe at Route 139: One of two lanes closed in either direction from Friday at 10:30 p.m. to Saturday at 8 a.m.
- Hwy 15 in Candiac is reduced to one lane in both directions at Exit 42, and the northbound exit itself will be closed.
Between Montreal and Sherbrooke: Highway 10 at Yamaska River
- West: One of two lanes closed from Friday 1 p.m. to Sunday 12:59 p.m.
- East: One of two lanes closed from Sunday at 1 p.m. to Friday at 12 p.m.
Boisbriand at Hwy 15/640 interchange
- North: Complete closure for Hwy 640 West access on Saturday from 12:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- South: Complete closure for Hwy 640 East access on Sunday at 11:59 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m.
Mont-Tremblant at Vaillancourt Street
- North: Roadway closed, access to northbound road on opposite side.