Weekend bike race takes over Montreal roads
21 professional cycling teams will compete in Grand Prix Cycliste
Several Montreal streets will be closed this weekend as the city prepares to welcome riders taking part in the Grand Prix Cycliste.
Twenty-one teams of professional cyclists will bike more than 200 kilometres on Sunday — 17 laps of a 12-kilometre course that will take them around Mount-Royal Park.
The race kicks off Sunday at 11 a.m. and will run for five hours, beginning and ending at the Georges-Étienne Cartier monument on Mount Royal. Here are the road closures to be aware of:
Saturday, Sept. 14
From 2 a.m. to Sunday, Sept. 15 at 11:59 p.m.
- Park Avenue: Between Pine Avenue and Mont-Royal Street West
- Côte-Ste-Catherine: Between Park Avenue and Mont-Royal Street West
Sunday, Sept. 15
From 4 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.:
- Camilien-Houde: Between Mount-Royal Street to Remembrance Road
- Remembrance Road: Between Camilien-Houde to Côte-des-Neiges Road
From 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Chemin de la Tour: Between Decelles and Chemin de la Polytechnique
- Chemin de la Polytechnique: Between Chemin de la Tour to Chemin de la Rampe
- De la Rampe: Between Chemin de la Polytechnique to Édouard-Montpetit
From 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Côte-des-Neiges (east side): Between Remembrance and Gatineau
- Côte-Ste-Catherine: Between Villeneuve and Mount-Royal
- Mount-Royal: Between Côte-Ste-Catherine and Camilien-Houde
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Côte-Ste-Catherine: From Vincent-D'Indy to Villeneuve
- Vincent D'Indy: From Édouard-Montpetit to Côte-Ste-Catherine
- Édouard-Montpetit: From Chemin de la Rampe to Vincent-D'Indy
- Gatineau: From Côte-des-Neiges to Maréchal
- Maréchal: From Gatineau to Decelles
- Decelles: From Maréchal to Chemin de la Tour/Queen-Mary