Megabus passengers on Montreal-Toronto trip sought over TB concerns
A passenger on buses that travelled on Aug. 20 and 23 had contagious disease
A person with tuberculosis travelled between Montreal and Toronto by Megabus last August, and Quebec's public health authority is looking for passengers on the same bus to test them for the infectious disease.
The bus on the trip to Toronto and the bus that returned the person to Montreal both made stopovers in Kingston, Ont.
Passengers who were on the following buses are being sought:
Megabus #771, departed Aug. 20, 2015
- Montreal – Kingston: departure time 4:30 p.m.
- Kingston – Toronto: departure time 7:35 p.m. (arrival 10:15 p.m.).
Megabus #718, departed Aug. 23, 2015
- Toronto – Kingston: departure time 1:30 p.m.
- Kingston – Montreal: departure time 4:20 p.m. (arrival 7:15 p.m.).
Quebec residents are asked to call 811, while those outside the province can call toll-free 1-844-817-0200.
- An earlier version of the story stated Megabus #777 was affected. It is in fact Megabus #771.Feb 17, 2016 8:52 PM ET