One dead in plane crash South of Montreal
Posted: Nov 21, 2012 12:11 PM ET
Last Updated: Nov 21, 2012 2:09 PM ET
A man in his 50s is dead after a plane crashed in a field Wednesday morning, South of Montreal.
The ultralight plane went down around 10:30 a.m. in Saint-Jean-Baptiste, near Mont-Saint-Hilaire.
Police said a witness saw the plane circling above just before it crashed. The plane appeared to be having some difficulties.
The pilot was the only person on board the plane.
Police and transportation safety board officials are on their way to the scene to try to determine what went wrong.
Latest Montreal News Headlines
- NDP MP Tyrone Benskin 'truly sorry' for not paying taxes
- NDP MP Tyrone Benskin has apologized for not paying his taxes and promises to pay back everything he owes, but has lost his deputy critic duties as a result of the news. more »
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford denies crack cocaine allegations
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has vehemently denied allegations that he was seen on a cellphone video smoking what appeared to be crack cocaine. more »
- Pierre's picks: 5 don't-miss events in Montreal this weekend
- Half Moon Run on the Lachine Canal, a collection of wiener dogs posing as UN reps, One Man Festival, bilingual comics switch mother tongues in the So You Think You're Bilingual show and Free Museums Day. more »
- Lobbying saved Montreal's UN aviation agency, Paradis says
- Qatar's decision to drop its bid to bring the International Civil Aviation Organization's headquarters to Doha from Montreal was the result of hard work and intense lobbying on the part of three levels of government, federal Industry Minister Christian Paradis said Friday. more »
Top News Headlines
- Washington police blame bridge collapse on Alberta trucker
- Washington State police say an Alberta trucker was responsible for hitting a steel beam precipitating a bridge collapse on one of the busiest routes in the American northwest. more »
- Royal Bank pledges not to outsource jobs for cash savings
- Royal Bank has promised it will never outsource a Canadian job to a foreign worker solely to save money. more »
- Canada ranks 3rd last in paid vacations
- Canada ranks third last among economically advanced countries in the amount of paid vacation time it guarantees its workers, a new U.S. study indicates. more »
- Group calls for probe of Tory database used in election robocalls
- The Council of Canadians is calling on the Conservative Party to make a list of everyone who had access to its electoral database during the last federal election and turn the information over to the RCMP and the commissioner of elections. "Anything less at this point would be a coverup," the council said in a press release Friday. more »
- Montreal lifts boil-water advisory
- PQ wants to force federally regulated firms to abide by French language charter
- Qatar drops bid to move UN aviation agency from Montreal
- Alleged sexual predator's victims sought by Montreal police
- Former premier among growing list of politicians offered cash in Laval
- 1.3 million Montrealers face boil water advisory
- Laval police seize drugs, assault weapon
- PQ polling woes continue
- Taking a look at graffiti tagging hotspots in Montreal