Quebec AM clips
Friday November 17, 2017
A Gaspé woman has been reunited with a special pendant containing her son's ashes after a journey involving several Quebec cities, a thoughtful man from Victoriaville, social media and a little luck.
Friday October 27, 2017
Well-known educator and author Nick Fonda is back with a new collection of writings called "Richmond Now and Then: An Anecdotal History". We spoke to him at the recent Townships Heritage Fair.
Monday October 23, 2017
Thetford Mines was once best-known for its production of Asbestos. Now its getting a lot of attention for a new export: the finest basketball players in Quebec. Our Rebecca Martel stopped by for a visit to the Thetford Mines Basketball Academy.
Tuesday October 10, 2017
Back in 2016, CAQ MNA Eric Caire criticized a project by the department of transportation to create a small wetland beside a highway exit. But local birders are calling it a success. Kim Garritty has the details.
Friday October 06, 2017
Joan Ward Thomson is being remembered as a pillar of her Eastern Townships community. She passed away earlier this week at the age of 106. Her daughter, the Reverend Heather Thomson, shared her reflections on her mother's life of service.
Thursday October 05, 2017
A photo of barber Franz Jacob, lying on the ground to finish off a young boy's haircut, has been shared around the world. Franz Jacob says adapting to please his clients who have autism is just part of his job.
Friday September 15, 2017
The Cree in Mistissini have been in the tourism industry for years, but they hope to expand. Some Cree feel plans for the future could have a wider impact on the community including reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
In the Spotlight
Test your knowledge of Cohen's life and work in his hometown
Who is this activist? Why was he sentenced to 1,000 lashes and 10 years in prison?
Continuing coverage by CBC journalists including Jonathan Montpetit
Let's see how much time you've spent memorizing this year's roster
Ticket info. here
For the first time ever, tickets for the event will be available in advance
How to listen
Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen will air Jan. 3
Saturdays at 5
Radio show highlights Quebec creators and the music they love
Hour-long regional documentary series premieres Sat. Aug. 26
Mentorly connects emerging artists with working professionals who can answer their questions
CBC events near you
Our personalities are busy! Here's where they've been and where they're going.
Getting our folk on!
Sonali Karnick, Sue Smith emceed events
Honours go to CBC Montreal for Real Talk on Race, Remembrance Day feature; Quebec AM wins Peter Gzowski award
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Jazz prof Steve Kirby fired from Berklee College after U of M students share harassment complaints
- Royalties from thousands of song classics tucked away tax-free
- Canadian scalper's multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme exposed in Paradise Papers
- StubHub raid in U.K. targets 'top sellers,' including Canada's known superscalper Julien Lavallée
- U.K. leader firm on Brexit date, as EU seeks 'sufficient progress' within 2 weeks
- Trouble in paradise: Justin Trudeau's rich friends keep making things awkward
- The great jobs debate over whether Canada will have too many or too few: Don Pittis
- Julie Payette dares to be interesting with comments on climate, astrology, and divine intervention
- How do you fit into Canada's multicultural puzzle?
- How does your personal income compare to that of other Canadians?
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation