Quebec AM clips
Friday January 19, 2018
Audio One year later: From shock, to grief, to dialogue: How one Scottish-Muslim is tackling Islamophobia in Quebec City
Brian Semple, a fifth generation Scottish-Quebecer who converted to Islam in 2003, never thought the mosque he attends to pray and meditate would become the scene of a deadly shooting. Semple takes us back to the day of the tragedy, and what has unfolded since.
Wednesday January 17, 2018
On Day 3 of our special coverage leading up to the one-year anniversary of the shooting at the Quebec Mosque, CBC journalist Julia Page speaks with members of Quebec City's Muslim community about how their sense of belonging has changed in the past year.
Tuesday January 16, 2018
On Day 2 of our special coverage leading up to the anniversary of the mosque shooting in Quebec City, Laval University professor Colette Brin explores how debates and conversations have unfolded in the media over this past year.
Monday January 15, 2018
Hassan Guillet shares his perspective on what has happened since January 29th, and some of what he has heard from Muslims in Quebec over the course of the year.
Tuesday January 02, 2018
A monumental love story told through gigantic abstract paintings. CBC's Julia Caron tells us about how one of Canada's most celebrated painters, Jean-Paul Riopelle was influenced by American painter Joan Mitchell.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
In the Spotlight
Test your knowledge of Cohen's life and work in his hometown
Who is this activist? Why was he sentenced to 1,000 lashes and 10 years in prison?
Continuing coverage by CBC journalists including Jonathan Montpetit
Let's see how much time you've spent memorizing this year's roster
Montrealers from the worlds of business, media, sports, community work honoured
News and sports awards to be presented on March 6
Listen online now
Full concert, photo gallery will be online as of Dec. 14
Going for gold
CBC Montreal tree decorating team puts their skills to the test at charity event
CBC events near you
Our personalities are busy! Here's where they've been and where they're going.
Hosted by Steve Rukavina.
Montreal Do Crew
Find out more about how the Do Crew can help your organization
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Haz-mat investigators descend on 3rd Toronto property tied to accused killer Bruce McArthur
- 'Jury made the right decision,' says former MMA chairman of Lac-Mégantic verdict
- Private investigators believe Toronto billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, source says
- Junior hockey star charged in violent break-in at Calgary professor's home
- Ex-U.S. athlete tells Speed Skating Canada of head coach's alleged sexual relationships with skaters
- What really happens to old clothes dropped in those in-store recycling bins
- More Rogers employees come forward, revealing how they say they're coached to upsell you
- Loblaws in $400M tax fight with CRA over claims it set up bogus offshore bank