Daybreak Montreal clips
Friday September 22, 2017
Thousands of university students in Montreal are taking part in consent workshops this month to learn how to give and obtain consent before - and during - sexual activity. Students told Daybreak's Shari Okeke why they feel workshops are important.
Thursday September 21, 2017
This week, Mike Finnerty and Bernard St-Laurent talk about how the Liberal's consultations on racism have become such a hot potato, and new corruption accusations against two senior Quebec Liberals.
Wednesday September 20, 2017
Nunavik Sivunitsavut -- which means "Nunavik our future" -- is piloting at John Abbott College this year. It focuses on humanities, government relations, physical education and more... all from an Inuit perspective.
Tuesday August 22, 2017
CBC Daybreak spoke to Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Ralph Goodale about the influx of asylum seekers, and the fact that the numbers coming over the border seem to be "moderating."
Friday August 04, 2017
Daybreak's Shari Okeke checks out the 25th annual Montreal North street basketball tournament for youth where players say it's about more than the game, it's about connecting with friends.
Monday June 26, 2017
Many Montrealers are calling out racism at Saturday's St. Jean Baptiste day parade after a video of the float opening the parade went viral. Dayrbeak speaks with Emilie Nicolas, she is the President of Quebec Inclusif.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
In the Spotlight
A look at how the refugee process normally works, and how its been affected by the sudden increase in demand
Host Steve Rukavina delves deep into the lives and experiences of 8 people making modern Montreal
30 years after Mado 1st took the stage, Luc Provost reflects on her evolution and the Gay Village itself
The city is famous for its celebrations, but it has global competition
West Island Event
Kid-friendly event takes place in Pointe-Claire Sept. 23-24
Saturdays at 5
Radio show highlights Quebec creators and the music they love
Join us on Oct. 1
Kim's Convenience cast, CBC personalities on site to talk with visitors on Oct. 1
Call for applications open to emerging and established writers living in greater Montreal area
The National, Jarvis Cocker, Moby, Jenny Holzer among artists contributing to contemporary art museum exhibit
September 26 - Join in on Facebook Live at 4 p.m.
Hour-long regional documentary series premieres Sat. Aug. 26
Mentorly connects emerging artists with working professionals who can answer their questions
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Powerless Puerto Rico's storm crisis deepens with dam threatening to fail
- Trump has made 'our rockets' visit' to U.S. mainland inevitable, North Korean foreign minister says
- NFL commissioner, players' union angrily denounce Donald Trump
- People flee homes and hotels as earthquake aftershocks hit Mexico
- 'Full of energy and passion': Liberal MP Arnold Chan remembered as advocate for Canadians at funeral
- Canada could win the Amazon sweepstakes due to Trump scaring 'the bejesus out of everyone'
- Q&A: How to avoid car dealerships pushing maintenance you don't need
- RCMP inks deal to return Louis Riel artifacts to Métis people
- 1 in 7 Manitoba search warrants in study has serious flaws
- Make sexual harassment training mandatory at U of M, says advocate
- 'Completely outrageous': Couple say they were denied co-op apartment over sex of baby
- IWK officials changed reports to make expenses seem 'a little less lumpy,' emails reveal
- Ontario to cover HIV prevention pill under public health plan
- Combining art and medicine, play using patients' stories encourages empathy for the dying
- 'Engineered activity out of our life:' why working up a sweat improves survival rates
- Woman who waited 2 months for abortion says plan to provide free pill means shame is over
- Climate change scientists fight for funding to save High Arctic lab
- Pricey even with a contract: Wireless carriers release iPhone 8, iPhone X pricing
- Right whale skeleton, DNA headed to Canada's largest museum
- 'Trump has scared the bejesus out of everyone': How Canada could win the Amazon sweepstakes
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation
- When darkness descends, Nunavut teens dance it out
- Remix Canada's latest census results to see how you fit in
- 'It's really very crucial right now': Great Lakes Water Walk focuses on protecting 'lifeblood'
- 'There is equitable funding': Bennett says more teachers, new model needed for First Nations education
- All talk and no action? Liberals will deliver on Trudeau's promises to First Nations, Philpott says
- 'It's not just add Indigenous and stir': U of S's indigenization approach raising questions