Daybreak Montreal clips
Monday June 26, 2017
Many Montrealers are calling out racism at Saturday's St. Jean Baptiste day parade after a video of the float opening the parade went viral. Dayrbeak speaks with Emilie Nicolas, she is the President of Quebec Inclusif.
Wednesday June 21, 2017
Audio 'Not one person on my terrasse': Prince Arthur St. construction drags on, revitalization hurting business, owners say
Tensions are rising between business owners on Prince Arthur street and the Plateau Mont Royal borough. A two-year-long revitilization was supposed to wrap up last week but construction continues and businesses say they're suffering. CBC Daybreak's Shari
Friday June 16, 2017
Shari Okeke introduces 3 high school valedictorians who are so shy they were reluctant to accept the role but actually have a lot to say.
Thursday June 15, 2017
This week, in his final column for this season of the National Assembly, Bernard St-Laurent and Mike Finnerty talk Liberals getting into pre-election mode, Jean-Marc Fournier’s concerns for anglos in the regions and the Parti-Qebecois's diversity mandate
Thursday June 08, 2017
Audio Bernard St-Laurent talks Quebec politics: Bloc Quebecois, languages commissioner and sovereignty.
This week, Bernard St-Laurent and Mike Finnerty talk tensions between Bloc Quebecois leader Martine Ouellet and her caucus, Madeleine Meilleur no longer running for languages commissioner and Couillard on the cost of sovereignty.
Wednesday June 07, 2017
Daybreak's Shari Okeke continues our graduation series with an update on students we spoke with a year ago when they were graduating from elementary school and feeling nervous about high school.
In the Spotlight
In praise of Terrasse Day, and other unofficial Montreal holidays
Student journalists explore unusual ways Montrealers form communities
Discover the people in your neighbourhood in Montreal's 375th year
How personal struggles made Lisa Grushcow a better rabbi
Join us at Kent Park in NDG to help ring in Canada's 150th
Arts Alive! 2017
Moveable festival travels across the province from June to September
Our street team will be in Verdun on Saturday and we want to hear from you!
CBC Montreal goes to bat for charity game against Jewish General Hospital Memory Clinic
Get your folk on!
Sonali Karnick, Sue Smith emceed events
The National, Jarvis Cocker, Moby, Jenny Holzer among artists contributing to contemporary art museum exhibit
All In A Weekend's Cookbook Club yields some drool-worthy results
CBC events near you
Our personalities are busy! Here's where they've been and where they're going.
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Stolen sisters: 5 untold MMIWG stories from First Nation with most unsolved cases
- Ex-nurse who was 'far from an angel of mercy' to seniors she murdered gets 8 concurrent life terms
- Grassroots team creating Indigenous-based climate plan across Canada
- 'He decided to do it again': Crown tells jurors Derek Saretzky planned to kill all 3 victims
- N.B. approach to child death reviews gets reduced rating from doctors
- Disclosure vs. maximizing profit: Homeowner hit with extra $10K penalty for ending mortgage early
- Veteran who killed family was cleared for gun licence, despite suicide concerns
- How changes to prostitution laws shifted the way police tackle the issue
- It's 'paw-sta' not 'pa-sta': How Canadian actors erase accents for U.S. work
- Blue ring, meet RedBall: Giant inflatable art project rolls through Calgary
- Aretha Franklin's Canada Day show postponed until next year
- The Boy Who Lived ... and Conjured Up an Empire: Harry Potter superfan reflects on 20 years of magic