Thursday November 02, 2017
Alaclair Ensemble's big wins at le Gala de l'ADISQ, we ask: is Quebec rap and hip hop scene at a turning point? Journalist - and rap fan himself - Olivier Arbour-Massé has been looking at the genre, and takes us to class: Qc Hip Hop 101.
Friday September 01, 2017
In addition to live music, karaoke, burlesque performances, and outdoor markets, Quebec City's Fete Arc en Ciel features educational conferences. Doctoral student Claudia Fournier shares her research on the lived realities of gay immigrants to Quebec.
Friday August 25, 2017
Eight runners hail from Tasiujaq, a community in Northern Quebec, participated in the Quebec City Marathon. Josée Martineau is a nurse there, and got the group together to compete. They joined Saroja in our Quebec City studio the day before the race.
Wednesday July 12, 2017
Gab Paquet has long idolized and emulated male crooners from the 1970s and 80s, and now he's sharing the stage with them. He tells our Julia Caron about what it means to perform at le Festival d'Ete's 50th edition, opening for Michel Louvain.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
In the Spotlight
Test your knowledge of Cohen's life and work in his hometown
Who is this activist? Why was he sentenced to 1,000 lashes and 10 years in prison?
Continuing coverage by CBC journalists including Jonathan Montpetit
Let's see how much time you've spent memorizing this year's roster
Ticket info. here
For the first time ever, tickets for the event will be available in advance
How to listen
Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen will air Jan. 3
Saturdays at 5
Radio show highlights Quebec creators and the music they love
Hour-long regional documentary series premieres Sat. Aug. 26
Mentorly connects emerging artists with working professionals who can answer their questions
CBC events near you
Our personalities are busy! Here's where they've been and where they're going.
Getting our folk on!
Sonali Karnick, Sue Smith emceed events
Honours go to CBC Montreal for Real Talk on Race, Remembrance Day feature; Quebec AM wins Peter Gzowski award
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Jazz prof Steve Kirby fired from Berklee College after U of M students share harassment complaints
- Royalties from thousands of song classics tucked away tax-free
- Canadian scalper's multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme exposed in Paradise Papers
- StubHub raid in U.K. targets 'top sellers,' including Canada's known superscalper Julien Lavallée
- U.K. leader firm on Brexit date, as EU seeks 'sufficient progress' within 2 weeks
- Trouble in paradise: Justin Trudeau's rich friends keep making things awkward
- The great jobs debate over whether Canada will have too many or too few: Don Pittis
- Julie Payette dares to be interesting with comments on climate, astrology, and divine intervention
- How do you fit into Canada's multicultural puzzle?
- How does your personal income compare to that of other Canadians?
- 'I just had a weak moment': Disgraced Blue Jays fan Ken Pagan on life after the beer toss
- 'They just simply don't know': The Indigenous innovators challenging Canadians to a difficult conversation