Poker champ's ex pleads guilty to forcible confinement
Four others still facing charges in Montreal home invasion case
The ex-girlfriend of Jonathan Duhamel has pleaded guilty to three criminal charges in the home invasion and robbery at the poker champion's residence last December.
Bianca Rojas-Latraverse, who dated Duhamel, entered the pleas Friday in a courtroom in Longueuil on Montreal's South Shore.
She pleaded guilty to forcible confinement, breaking and entering, and conspiracy to commit an armed robbery.
Duhamel, who earned nearly $9 million when he won a world poker title in 2010, told police he was sleeping on Dec. 21, 2011, when a man rang his doorbell at his Boucherville, Que., home and claimed to be delivering a package.
When he opened the door, the man forced his way in, and a second person appeared at the entrance.
Duhamel said his attackers threatened him, beat him and demanded to know where he kept his safe.
He was tied up and robbed of $115,000 in cash and jewelry worth about $50,000.
Police arrested five people in total – four in connection with the home invasion and assault. Another man was charged with possession of stolen property after he was allegedly found with Duhamel's stolen watch.
The latest arrest, which came earlier this week, involved the alleged getaway driver. The 21-year-old man was arraigned at the same courthouse today.
The cases of the other accused are still making their way through the courts.
Rojas-Latraverse, who has been detained since her arrest in December 2011, initially planned to stand trial.
But last week, Rojas-Latraverse's lawyer confirmed she would plead guilty to three of the charges against her. Two other charges were dropped.
Rojas-Latraverse will remain in custody while awaiting her sentencing hearing on Dec. 19.
With files from CBC