Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal over the weekend.
The weekend has finally arrived! Here are some of the events taking place in Montreal on Nov. 22, 23 and 24:
1. Some of the best new musical acts are showcased this weekend at M for Montreal. Among them, Motel Raphaël, Seoul, High Dials, Solids, Groenland, and Folly & The Hunter, to only name a few. You can catch them until Sunday.
2. Alison Darcy directs a strong cast (including Maurice Podbrey, Marcel Jeannin, and Paul Hopkins) in Othello at the Segal Centre. It runs until Dec. 1.
3. The Montreal International Documentary Festival welcomes Gael Garcia Bernal this weekend. His latest film Who is Dayani Cristal is shown twice this weekend.
4. Le Salon du Livre de Montréal is back with hundreds of books and authors on hand. It's always a popular destination at this time of year. It's on at Place Bonaventure until Monday.
5. Montreal's The Franklin Electric are quickly building a strong following thanks to their great songwriting and heartfelt shows. See what the buzz is all about at Casa del Popolo on Sunday at 8 p.m.