Pierre's picks: 5 don't-miss events in Montreal this weekend
Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal over the weekend.
Here are Pierre's Picks for Sept. 20, 21 and 22.
1. OpéradeMontréal opens its 2013-14 season with the French opera Lakméby Léo Delibes. Prepare to be transported to 19th century India in this love story. Saturday at SalleWilfrid-Pelletier at Place des Arts at 7:30 p.m.
2. Got a minute? M60 presents handmade and inventive 60-second films packaged this year on the theme of revenge. At Cinéma Excentris until Sunday.
3. Speaking of cinema, Québec director Denis Villeneuve is at the helm of the Hollywood suspense Prisoners, starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. Opens Friday.
4. Okay, one more must-see Quebec film: Gabrielle, directed by Louise Archambault. It is the touching story of a woman with Williams syndrome who falls in love but faces disapproval from her loved ones. Opens Friday.
5. ThéâtreduNouveauMonde presents Le murmure du coquelicot. It brings together classic theatre with thespians RemyGirard and PascaleMontpetit and modern circus arts with Les 7 doigtsde la main.