Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal over the weekend.
Here are Pierre's Picks for Sept. 13, 14 and 15.
1. If you pass by Palais des Congrès this weekend, chances are you will spot some Ghostbusters, Stormtroopers, Trekkies and comic book fanatics. Montreal Comiccon has an impressive list of guests, including Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), George Takei (Sulu on Star Trek) and Gillian Anderson (The X-Files). Montreal Comiccon goes until Sunday.
2. Sherbrooke band Misteur Valaire is back with a brand new album, Bellevue, and a brand new show. The party is at Metropolis. Friday at 9 p.m.
3. The lovely Jenn Grant returns to Montreal, along with the talented Jim Bryson at Quai des Brumes, for what promises to be a special evening. Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
4. Got the blues? Martin Goyette loves to play dirty Delta blues, from Robert Johnson to Boyd Atkins and Gary Davis. Catch him and opening act The Franco Proietti Morph-tet at Divan Orange. Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
5. The Legends of Rock 'n' Roll are back at Rialto Theatre. Mitch Ryder is sure to sing his 1966 hit "Devil With A Blue Dress," while The Chiffons will take you back to 1963 with their classic, "He's So Fine." Saturday at 8:30 p.m.