Pierre's picks: 5 don't-miss events in Montreal this weekend
Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal over the weekend.
The weekend has finally arrived! Here are some of the events taking place in Montreal:
1. The World Press Photo Exhibition presents snapshots of world events that are awe-insipiring, breathtaking and sometimes, heartbreaking. At Marché Bonsecours until September 29.
2. Got something to say? Then head to Quartier des Spectacles and speak your mind in Megaphone, developed by Moment Factory. Words are projected on the UQAM Science Centre instantly. Until November 4.
3. The Escales Improbables festival gathers visual and performance art and brings them to various locations in the city. Until September 14.
4. James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem is performing a DJ set at Telus Theatre on Saturday Night at 8pm. He produced Arcade Fire's upcoming album, to be released on October 29.
5. The OUMF Festival wraps up on Saturday in the Quartier Latin. Films, music, and art from emerging talents are featured.