Pierre's picks: 5 don't-miss events in Montreal this weekend
Looking to get away from the city this weekend? Here are a few outstanding events to enjoy nearby.
1. The Lanaudière Festival continues in Joliette at the beautiful outdoor Fernand-Lindsay Amphitheatre. Marc-André Hamelin performs there on Friday night at 8 p.m. On Saturday, Ronald Brautigam and Les Violons du Roy take to the stage at 8 p.m. To cap off the weekend, Susie Arioli brings her jazzy coolness to the festival on Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m.
2. There is more great music to enjoy at the Orford Festival. On Friday, the Nouveau Quatuor Orford performs at 8 p.m. The legend of Canadian jazz, Oliver Jones will team up with vocalist Ranee Lee on Saturday at 8 p.m. Sunday's programming features pianist Marika Bournaki at 4 p.m.
3. Some of the world's best dancers head to the Laurentians for the Festival des Arts de Saint-Sauveur. The fest features Ballet BC on Friday night at 8 p.m. Then, an international show brings together the American Ballet Theatre, le Ballet de l'Opéra de Paris, the National Ballet of Canada, and Louise Lecavalier on Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 6 p.m.
4. If you are heading towards the mountains in the Eastern Townships, the Owl's Head Festival starts at noon on Saturday. The Skatalites, Jeremy Fisher, Maïa, and The Strumbrellas are among the performers. Free admission.
5. Feeling hungry? Satisfy your appetite at the Fêtes Gourmandes Internationales in Laval. Food, drinks, and entertainment at walking distance from Montmorency Metro on the orange line.