Pierre's picks: 5 don't miss events in Montreal this weekend
Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal this weekend.
Here are his picks for March 15, 16 and 17.
1. The 31st edition of the International Festival of Films on Art (FIFA) is screening a wide range of films focused on music, painting, dance, fashion, and sculpture to only name a few art forms.
2. Montreal band Stars is giving two hometown shows at the Corona Theatre on Friday and Saturday. They released their latest album, The North, last fall.
3. The newly constructed Planetarium invites everyone to their open house event on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.. This will be the first time the public gets to see this beautiful building before its official opening on April 6.
4. Gifted cellist Stéphane Tétreault is giving two recitals this weekend. Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Music Faculty of l'Université de Montréal. Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at Salle Bourgie.
5. Quebec filmmakers will be honoured on Sunday at Les Jutra. Actor Rémy Girard hosts this year's gala. Nominees include Kim Nguyen — who was up for an Oscar this year for his film Rebelle / War Witch, — Xavier Dolan, Rafaël Ouellet, and Podz. Sunday at 7:30 p.m. on Radio-Canada.