Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal this weekend.
Here are his picks for May 17, 18 and 19.
1. Cavalia's Odysseo is back under the very big top in Laval until June 9. This majestic show features 67 horses and 46 artists, musicians and acrobats! Odysseo is incredibly poetic and stunningly beautiful.
2. Montreal multi-instrumentalist Patrick Lehman flirts with Soul, R&B, Rock and Blues. He won many new fans after taking part in CBC Music's Searchlight competition. Catch him at Petit Campus on Saturday at 8pm.
3. The ever-so-popular Piknic Electronik brings some of the best DJs from around the world to Parc Jean Drapeau every Sunday at 2 p.m. The season starts this weekend and runs until September 22.
4. Punk Rock takes over the city this weekend during Pouzzafest. Bands include New Found Glory, MXPX, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, The Ataris and The Planet Smashers.
5. The one and only Chubby Checker performs at Rialto Theatre on Saturday night. Even after 53 years, he still does a mean Twist!