Authorities are treating last week's bombing of a Canadian Forces recruitment centre in Trois-Rivières, Que., as a matter of national security.
The investigation into the July 2 blast has been handed over to what is known as an integrated national security enforcement team, the RCMP said Thursday.
The integrated teams include members of the RCMP, local police forces and federal law enforcements agencies. They were set up in Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver to facilitate a more co-ordinated approach to investigating national security cases.
An RCMP spokeswoman said police will attempt to identify and arrest members of the little known anti-globalization, anti-war group that claimed responsibility for the attack.
A group calling itself Résistance Internationaliste claimed responsibility for the bombing, which took place at 3 a.m. and resulted in no injuries.
The group issued a statement in which it also railed against multinational corporations, imperialism, the "repressive orgy" at the G20 and oil pipelines in Afghanistan.
The group has claimed responsibility in the past for two previous bombings — one at a Hydro-Québec tower near the U.S. border in 2004 and another that targeted the car of a petroleum industry executive in 2006.
Municipal police in Trois-Rivières were tipped off shortly before the bomb exploded.