Montreal school bus drivers reject deal, could strike again
More than 15,000 students were affected by the strike last month
Some 330 Montreal school bus drivers have rejected a tentative contract agreement reached between their union and Autobus Transco.
The agreement was hammered out on Jan. 31 following a two-day strike by the drivers.
The drivers, who returned to work the next day, have now voted to reject the tentative deal by a vote of 83 per cent.
The Transco-CSN union says the agreement failed to address drivers' wage concerns.
The brief strike last month affected roughly 15,000 elementary and high school students.
The drivers had earlier voted 98 per cent in favour of a strike to back their contract demands.
Union official Carole Laplante said in a statement that the employer ''will have to seriously consider this rejection if it does not want the drivers to exercise their strike mandate again."