The Côte-St-Luc man who barricaded himself in his home and shot at police earlier this week has been charged with 15 counts related to the negligent use of firearms.

Isidore Havis, 71, listened on the telephone from his hospital bed as the charges were listed off against him on Friday.

Havis’s lawyer said his client was too confused and exhausted from his ordeal to appear in court.

The charges are related to the intentional and negligent use of firearms, according to Crown attorney Matthew Ferguson.

Havis, who is a gun collector, had about 180 guns and 40 bayonets carried out of his home by police after they subdued him with a rubber bullet following the 20-hour standoff.

Ferguson says Havis could face between four and 14 years in prison.

The 71-year-old is expected to remain under guard in hospital at least until Monday.

Next week, the Crown and defence lawyers will meet again to decide whether a bail hearing will be necessary.