Ugo Fredette, who was arrested last week in connection with an Amber Alert case, has been transferred to a hospital in Saint-Eustache, where he is expected to be questioned by investigators.

Sûreté du Québec Sgt. Anne Mathieu said this morning he would be sent by ambulance later in the day Ontario Provincial Police confirmed Friday evening the transfer had been made. 

Fredette has been in Ottawa's Civic Hospital since he went into coma over the weekend after he was anesthetized for medical tests.

He could be seen carried out of the hospital on a stretcher and into a bright yellow Quebec ambulance, followed by SQ investigators, Friday evening.

fredette ambulance ottawa

Ugo Fredette could be seen in the ambulance of the Ottawa Civic Hospital driveway before heading to a Quebec hospital. (Radio-Canada)

Fredette was said to be emerging from the coma on Thursday.

He has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with the death of his partner, Véronique Barbe, who was found slain last Thursday in her Saint-Eustache home. 

The alert ended when Fredette was arrested last Friday in Dacre, Ont., and the boy was found safe. Fredette had been driving the Honda CR-V of Lachute resident Yvon Lacasse, whose body was found near Mont-Tremblant Wednesday.

"Members of the OPP continue to assist the Sûreté du Quebec with their investigation," OPP Sgt. Carolle Dionne said in a news release announcing Fredette was transferred into SQ custody. 

She added that a "parallel investigation is ongoing into any criminal offences that occurred in the province of Ontario" in the case.

'Important witness' has no link to case

Police also said Friday they have identified the bearded, blue-eyed man thought to be an "important witness" in the case.

He was seen at the hotel Fredette stayed at in Rouyn-Noranda, but he was questioned and police have determined he has no link to the case. 

ugo fredette amber alert

The suspect in last week's Amber Alert, Ugo Fredette, who has also been charged with second-degree murder in the death of his partner, was relocated to a hospital in Saint-Eustache, Que., today.