It appears the developer of  properties in Côte Saint-Luc, which were hit by firebomb attacks last week, has now been targeted at his own home.

Police on Montreal’s South Shore were called late Sunday night to the home of Tyronne Candappa in Brossard.

"He saw a suspect outside his home who would've left a container on the front steps of his home, and he was very anxious about this," said Longueuil police spokesman Mark David.

Police evacuated the area.

No one was hurt, and investigators are now conducting tests to determine what was inside the container.

More security requested in Côte Saint-Luc

Last week in Côte Saint-Luc a home under construction was damaged by what police confirm was a molotov cocktail.

Two days later, another property under construction was destroyed by a fire that police are treating as suspicious.

Cote Saint-Luc Mayor Anthony Housefather confirms that both properties were owned by a numbered company with ties to Candappa.

Housefather says he asked for extra security around those sites.

Candappa is currently the subject of several lawsuits.

Monday morning, he appeared in a Longueuil courtroom on a charge of attempted murder.

It's alleged he shot at someone who may have been a disgruntled client in 2011.

Many investors in a South Shore condo tower project, pitched by Candappa, were left high and dry after his construction company declared bankruptcy.

Some subcontractors are also suing Candappa for unpaid bills.