A 32-year-old woman was in critical condition Wednesday after choking during a marshmallow-eating contest at the Western Fair in London, Ont.
Paramedics were called to the fairgrounds just after 7 p.m. Tuesday after the woman began to choke and thencollapsed.
The unidentified woman was taking part in the Chubby Bunny contest, in which contestants stuff as many marshmallows as they can into their mouths.
"She was finished [the contest]â¦. She was walking away and collapsed," fair manager Dave Taylor said.
"It was just an unfortunate incident that happened."
EMS duty manager Al Hunt said the woman had no vital signs when paramedics arrived at the fairgrounds.
He said she was revived at hospital and was in critical condition.
Taylor said in light of the incident, the future of the contest was in doubt.
"That contest had been on a few times, but I think we will probably pull the plug on that contest and it won't be continuing on," he said.