A group of cardiologists is warning that extreme endurance exercise, such as running marathons, can be bad for your heart.
Marathons can be dangerous, doctors say
CBC News Posted: Jun 09, 2012 10:33 PM ET Last Updated: Jun 09, 2012 10:31 PM ET
New Brunswick Votes 2014
- New Brunswick election: Voters challenged to choose on resources, jobs
- Four years after sending the Liberal government to defeat after one term in office, David Alward's Progressive Conservatives want to ensure history doesn't repeat itself when New Brunswick goes to the polls on Sept. 22.
- Analysis Smaller parties seek breakthrough in New Brunswick election
- The NDP, Green Party and People’s Alliance will all be contesting ridings around New Brunswick in search of seat inside the Legislative Assembly, a feat that has proved extremely difficult in the province’s political history.
- Progressive Conservatives pull out of CBC election debate
- The Progressive Conservatives won't take part in the CBC televised leaders' debate during the provicial election campaign because they don't agree with the Green Party and People's Alliance being included.
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- ISIS's brutal recruitment techniques Aug. 21, 2014 12:15 PM After the beheading of photojournalist James Foley, some fear that savage acts are luring fighters to the Jihadi cause. We look at brutality as a recruitment tool.
- Tina Fontaine, 15, found in bag in Red River
- Justin Trudeau's family should lock doors after break-in, letter says
- Jacinda and Janika Hodder get mystery illness diagnosed in U.S.
- YouTube video shows drone buzzing Vancouver apartment
- Montague double homicide arrest made
- Man with real-looking pellet guns, in camouflage arrested in Halifax
- Winnipeg's 'homeless hero' Faron Hall found dead in Red River
- HitchBOT completes 6,000 km cross-Canada trip
- Justin Trudeau's Ottawa home broken into with family asleep inside
- Killer whale flips 'sea lion' into air in YouTube video