|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|63/63 polls||Updated: Oct. 5, 2011 9:08 AM EDT|
|LIB||Ludolf R. Grollé||276||
All results are unofficial until final ballot counts are verified by Elections Manitoba. CBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Current MLA: None. New riding.
Riding profile: Created by redistribution in 2008 mostly out of the old Springfield riding.
Located northeast of Winnipeg, the riding covers much less territory than it did in its incarnation as Springfield.
It includes Pine Ridge, Dugald, Birds Hill, East St. Paul and West St. Paul.
Voter turnout in Springfield
- 2007: 56.78 per cent
- 2003: 55.79 per cent
Ron Schuler, PC Party
- MLA since 1999.
- Founded a family-run catalogue sales business.
- Has international relations degree from the University of Winnipeg.
- Volunteer with Big Brothers, Citizens on Patrol, Citizens Against Impaired Drivers, Kidney Foundation.
Ludolf Grolle, Liberal
- Immigrated to Canada in 2002 from Europe.
- Became Canadian citizen this year.
- Has a background in strategic business development and management consultant.
- An established international painter on the North American art scene.
Cynthia Ryan, NDP
Results from 2007 provincial election (Springfield)
Percentage of votes cast
Political history (Springfield)
- 2003: Ron Schuler (PC) defeated NDP Georgine Spooner by 2,405 votes.
- 1999: Ron Schuler (PC) defeated NDP Leonard Kimacovich by 911 votes.
- 1995: Glen Findlay (PC) defeated NDP Steve Pochuk by 2,080 votes.
- 1990: Glen Findlay (PC), incumbent from Virden (elected in 1986, 1988) ran here when his riding was eliminated and defeated NDP Deborah Barron-McNabb by 1,772 votes.
- 1988: Gilles Roch (PC) defeated Liberal Lance Laufer by 2,009 votes. In 1988, Roch crossed the floor to sit as a Liberal. He did not run in 1990.
- 1986: Gilles Roch (PC) defeated NDP Andy Anstett by 55 votes.
- 1981: Andy Anstett (NDP) defeated PC Bob Anderson by 470 votes.
- 1977: Bob Anderson (PC) defeated NDP Rene Toupin by 1,848 votes.
- 1973: Rene Toupin (NDP) defeated PC John Vaags by 366 votes.