|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|74/74 polls||Updated: Oct. 5, 2011 9:08 AM EDT|
All results are unofficial until final ballot counts are verified by Elections Manitoba. CBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Current MLA: Tom Nevakshonoff, NDP
Riding profile: Created by redistribution in 1979, it has formally existed since the 1981 provincial election.
Previously, much of the Interlake region was included in the constituency of St. George. As its name implies, Interlake is located between Lake Winnipeg and Lake Manitoba, in the mid-northern section of the province.
Interlake is bordered to the east by Lake Winnipeg, to the south by Lakeside and Gimli, to the north by Swan River, and to the west by Lake Manitoba. Communities in the riding include Arborg, Riverton, Ashern, Fraserwood and Hecla. The Black and Deer Islands are also located in the riding.
- 2007: 56.53 per cent
- 2003: 49.90 per cent
- 1999: 62.99 per cent
Tom Nevakshonoff, NDP
- MLA since 1999.
- Owner of a summer fishing lodge.
- Worked in the oil industry between 1977 and 1999.
- Owns a small mixed farm and is hoping to start a sheep ranch and a farm vacation operation.
- He and wife, Rosanne Imlah, have two children.
Steve Lupky, PC Party
- Born in Ledwyn.
- Worked for Manitoba Public Insurance for 26 years.
- Elected councillor in Arborg for five consecutive mandates, starting in 1992.
- He and wife, Lana, have three children.
Albert Ratt, Liberal
- Raised on the Peguis First Nation.
- Educated at the University of Winnipeg in aboriginal governance.
- Has experience in band politics and assisted in the passing of the Non-Potable Inhalant Abuse By-Law.
- involved in creation of the Downtown Watch.
- Was asked by RCMP to provide security during the Queen’s visit to Winnipeg in 2002.
- He and wife, Deanna, have three children.
John Zasitko, Independent
- Planned to run for PC Party but was told he didn’t meet party expectations in organizing his campaign.
- An Armbourg farm implement dealer.
Results from 2007 provincial election
Percentage of votes cast
- 2003: Tom Nevakshonoff (NDP) defeated PC Betty Green by 2062 votes.
- 1999: Tom Nevakshonoff (NDP) defeated PC Betty Green by 549 votes.
- 1995: Clif Evans (NDP) defeated PC Ed Trachuk by 1,229 votes.
- 1990: Clif Evans (NDP) defeated PC Ed Trachuk by 408 votes.
- 1988: Bill Uruski (NDP) defeated PC Ed Dandeneau by 247 votes.
- 1986: Bill Uruski (NDP) defeated PC Joe Schwartz by 2,453 votes.
- 1981: With the riding of St. George eliminated, NDP Bill Uruski, who had been elected in St. George in 1969, 1973 and 1977, ran in the new riding and defeated PC Neil Dueck by 2,418 votes.