Winnipeg's downtown dog park
Air Date: Nov 16, 2017 5:21 PM CT
The oft-delayed dog park in downtown is a 1,200-square-metre section of Bonnycastle Park, located between the Assiniboine River and Assiniboine Avenue, at Garry Street. The $400,000 park officially opened Thursday.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- 5 British men arrested after flight from England to Las Vegas diverted to Winnipeg
- An 'existential crisis' at Manitoba Hydro? Problems that led to board's resignation run deep
- Students' best bots battle it out at Manitoba Robot Games
- Man dog-sledding from Churchill to New Brunswick reaches halfway point
New rules introduced in the Manitoba Legislature on Tuesday would largely limit cannabis consumption to private homes. They also outline how the province plans to catch stoned drivers. Tyson Koschik explains.
In Canada's north, produce can cost several times what it does in the south. It's often weeks old, and wilted by the time it arrives. In Churchill, a Canadian company has helped develop a technology that's sprouting some some big changes.
Top News Headlines
- How Cambridge Analytica, firm at the centre of Facebook furor, stumbled into the spotlight
- Liberals establish road map for talks to legislate a right to housing
- 'We are the change': Students lead massive rallies for gun control
- The road map and road blocks of Trump's transgender troops ban explained
- Premier says 'persuasion money' reason for mass resignation of Manitoba Hydro board
- Former Manitoba MP Bev Desjarlais dead at 62
- Police tell people in St. Boniface to 'stay inside' during suspicious incident
- Hydroponic produce is blooming in Churchill, Man.
- Future of retail? Cineplex to open massive entertainment centre at Winnipeg's Seasons of Tuxedo
- Winnipeg philanthropist donates more than $10M to help disadvantaged students
- 'A wake-up call': Thick High Arctic ice flowing south thanks to climate change, researcher says
- Family walks away after truck ends up in Assiniboine River
- Man in meth psychosis turned away at HSC after trying to access mental health beds
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day