Winnipeg police have charged a 35-year-old man in connection with a shooting that left three people injured in January.  

Officers responded to the 700 block of William Avenue after three men were reported to be suffering from gunshot wounds at 4:30 a.m. CST on Jan. 27.  

An investigation revealed the victims had been at a gathering in the 100 block of Keewatin Avenue.

Police said that's where a verbal argument between one of the victims and the suspect broke out.

The suspect pulled out a firearm and fired, leaving three victims injured in the lower abdomen, police said.

On Saturday police found the suspect at a home in the northeast part of the city.

He was taken into custody and has not been released. He is facing several firearm related charges.