Members of the Winnipeg Jets, along with local fans and others, react after CBCSports.ca chose the franchise's rebirth as its sports story of 2011, the CBC's Marjorie Dowhos reports.
Winnipeg Jets humbled with CBCSports.ca year-end nod
CBC News Posted: Dec 15, 2011 9:30 PM CT Last Updated: Dec 15, 2011 9:29 PM CT
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Tristan Derksen, 20, is a mall cleaner at Kildonan Place in Winnipeg, and has been delighting shoppers with his singing talents.
Hundreds of people crammed into a North Point Douglas church Thursday night to fill up on perogies, bid on cakes and support a women's centre facing a funding crunch.
Top News Headlines
- 2 killed in Grand Rapids, Man., trailer fire hours after protest demanded better living conditions
- Winnipeg mall cleaner in viral video sings 'for the joy of others'
- 'A tragic loss': Winnipeg says final goodbye to boy hit by truck at crosswalk
- Vince Li, man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus, given absolute discharge
- Al Simmons' 'Magic Workshop' goes up in flames, irreplaceable props burn
- What happened to Tina Fontaine? The case against Raymond Cormier
- Teulon, Man., winner of $100K scholarship says community involvement is 'greatest passion in life'
- What's open and what's closed in Winnipeg this Louis Riel Day
- Hold on to your beards: Voyageurs likely didn't have facial hair
At least 3 complaints about Stan Struthers made to Manitoba NDP between 2010 and 2015
Wait for specialized beds puts residents at risk of violence, says daughter of man killed in care home
Bullying, harassment, morale issues may increase absenteeism at Manitoba centre, internal RCMP report says
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day