Why asylum seekers risk their lives sneaking into Canada
Air Date: Jan 10, 2017 6:27 PM CT
CBC's Teghan Beaudette looks at why refugee claimants are risking their lives in freezing temperatures or on marathon swims to sneak into Canada.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
A five-year-old Winnipeg girl wants other kids to have the same opportunities she does, so she's launched her second clothing drive to help them out.
Crews in La Broquerie, Man. are slicking the streets and sidewalks with beet juice and brine in an effort to save money and the environment.
Top News Headlines
- Winnipeg waitress gets $1K tip on $87 bill
- People with allergies outraged by McDonald's nut decision
- Canadian campuses see an alarming rise in right-wing populism
- Animal rights group complaint alleges 'blatant animal cruelty' on A Dog's Purpose film set
- Night hunting 'becoming a race war,' says Premier Brian Pallister
- Girl, 15, missing in Winnipeg
- Family of 15 loses home 2 months after teenage son's highway death
- 2 high school girls found behind Gordon Bell suffer 'medical emergency'
- Manitoba woman dies of mystery illness after trip to Cuba
CBC dig deeper on the stories of the day
Undisclosed company given OK to sell devices to or operate them on behalf of Winnipeg police until this June
Consumer Protection Office won't reveal which car dealerships returned money
Under the microscope
Mounties say contractor, architect and engineer planned to offer $600K, creating environment for fraud