Why asylum seekers risk their lives sneaking into Canada
Air Date: Jan 10, 2017 6:27 PM CT
CBC's Teghan Beaudette looks at why refugee claimants are risking their lives in freezing temperatures or on marathon swims to sneak into Canada.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Periods of light snow
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
The Brunkild extension — nicknamed the Z-dike for its zigzag pattern — was constructed in a matter of days to block in the La Salle
A 12-year-old girl with cerebral palsy, who came to Winnipeg with her parents and five siblings as Syrian refugees, has her own brand-new customized trike thanks to the generosity of Manitobans.
Top News Headlines
- Woman pleads with missing dog's new owners to give him back
- Girls arrested in homicide of Serena McKay, 19, in Sagkeeng First Nation
- Kellie Leitch vows to deport border crossers after visit to Manitoba border town
- That image of unicorn frappuccino hair all over the internet? It's from Winnipeg
- Robber points gun at head of woman cycling in Transcona
- 1 dead after vehicle hit, pushed into oncoming traffic
- Heat or housing? Twitter battle erupts between Manitoba, Vancouver police vying for recruits
- 7 charged after fight at community club involving 100
- Sex selection in Indian community persists despite years spent in Canada, researchers find
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day
Paper which was never made public calls previous report on chiropractic health-care savings 'deeply flawed'
Confidential documents show PCs are interested in privatizing government's air services branch
Developer Legacy Homes did not comply with court order to do repairs on Riverside Glen development