Toddler diagnosed with a rare birth defect ready to move home
Air Date: Apr 20, 2017 12:28 PM CT
Joy Finnimore just celebrated her second birthday but she is ready for another milestone: moving home to Portage La Prairie, Man. The busy, bubbly toddler was diagnosed with a rare birth defect in the womb and has lived at Winnipeg's Children's Hospital since she was born.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
People who frequent a Main Street stretch where a deadly hit and run claimed the life of a 23-year-old man last week say it's all too common to see drivers whip by, ignoring the speed limit.
An Ontario woman who was forced to auction off a group of critically rare horses in Manitoba says she's "relieved" after all of them were sold to families across Canada and the U.S.
Top News Headlines
- Wire-bristle BBQ brush incident reports more than double
- Missing woman last seen in Winnipeg's South Pointe neighbourhood
- Kids get 'tie and scarf' day as Halloween costumes banned at Winnipeg school
- Woman 'relieved' after rare horses auctioned off to farms across Canada, U.S.
- Bumped from surgery 9 times, Winnipeg senior says she's stuck in medical limbo at HSC
- Group of 'critically rare' Ojibway ponies to be auctioned off in Manitoba
- 'Very tragic': Teen, 14, dies after falling into water tank in RM of Whitehead
- 2 families, 3 missing and murdered Indigenous women; inquiry reveals how tragedy follows tragedy
- Teen shot in face by man hunting at night near Pulp River, Man.
'What will it take — a death?' Surgeon urges Health Canada ban on wire brushes
Prominent pediatrician to go to trial this fall
Privacy law restricts sharing information in reference checks, says U of M
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day