Toddler diagnosed with a rare birth defect ready to move home
Air Date: Apr 20, 2017 12:28 PM CT
Joy Finnimore just celebrated her second birthday but she is ready for another milestone: moving home to Portage La Prairie, Man. The busy, bubbly toddler was diagnosed with a rare birth defect in the womb and has lived at Winnipeg's Children's Hospital since she was born.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
A prominent Manitoba children's enterA prominent Manitoba children's entertainer has lost his life's work after his workshop went up in flames a week ago.tainer has lost his life's work after his workshop went up in flames a week ago.
The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is launching a new tour exploring the complex human rights history of the Métis people just in time for Louis Riel Day.
Top News Headlines
- Juror diagnosed with PTSD launches $100K lawsuit against 2 governments
- Not always illegal to yell FHRITP at female reporters, judge rules dismissing case
- 'We are unable to conduct safe obstetric care': Pregnant women urged to leave town to deliver
- Quebec judge should be removed from bench after cocaine use inquiry, watchdog says
- 2 killed in Grand Rapids, Man., trailer fire hours after protest demanded better living conditions
- Winnipeg mall cleaner in viral video sings 'for the joy of others'
- Vince Li, man who beheaded passenger on Greyhound bus, given absolute discharge
- 'A tragic loss': Winnipeg says final goodbye to boy hit by truck at crosswalk
- What happened to Tina Fontaine? The case against Raymond Cormier
- Al Simmons' 'Magic Workshop' goes up in flames, irreplaceable props burn
- Teulon, Man., winner of $100K scholarship says community involvement is 'greatest passion in life'
- Hold on to your beards: Voyageurs likely didn't have facial hair
- What's open and what's closed in Winnipeg this Louis Riel Day
At least 3 complaints about Stan Struthers made to Manitoba NDP between 2010 and 2015
Wait for specialized beds puts residents at risk of violence, says daughter of man killed in care home
Bullying, harassment, morale issues may increase absenteeism at Manitoba centre, internal RCMP report says
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day