Testing reveals toxic heavy metals in St. Boniface soil
Air Date: Aug 18, 2017 6:18 PM CT
Residents in St. Boniface are wondering whether their garden-grown veggies are safe to eat after testing showed high levels of lead, copper, zinc and cadmium in their soil.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A few flurries
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Winnipeg linesman Vaughan Rody is celebrating his 1,000th game in the NHL. He will be recognized Monday night during the Winnipeg Jets, Vancouver Canucks game at MTS Centre.
Flowers used in weddings and other events throughout Manitoba are repurposed through Winnipeg Harvest's Floral Philanthropy program. They are picked up and taken to hospitals, care homes and other places where they can make people happy.
Top News Headlines
- B.C. government to go ahead with Site C hydroelectric dam project
- Some patients pay thousands while others nothing at all in 'medical postal code lottery'
- Uber apologizes after customer billed $18K for 21-minute ride
- Liberals reach deal with the provinces on sharing pot tax revenue, with price pegged at about $10 a gram
- Kiss your ash goodbye: Costly beetle invasion will be quick and painful for Winnipeg, scientists say
- Winnipeg dentist turning baby teeth black — to keep kids out of surgery
- Couple hopes to keep Trappist-style cheese alive as last monk retires
- $75K worth of meth seized in Winnipeg
- The answer to Manitoba Hydro increases? Use more electricity, not less
- Winnipeg police release photos of man accused of knocking out woman's teeth on bus
- Handful of Manitoba schools close after snow blankets parts of Manitoba
- What is a real man in the #MeToo era?
- Foster mom charged in 2016 homicide of teen with autism, family says
Families wonder whether justice was served in deaths of fathers, daughters, sons, husbands
'It's potentially a real crime, and it's a real violent crime,' law professor says
Berklee reveals Kirby’s ‘termination’ at public forum on campus
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day