Winnipeg man robbed for beer in West Broadway
Four men facing charges after group robbery in Winnipeg
Posted: Feb 26, 2013 10:41 AM CST
Last Updated: Feb 26, 2013 10:38 AM CST
Four men are facing charges after they robbed a man for his beer near a West Broadway beer vendor.
Around 1 a.m. Winnipeg police went to the 600 block of Westminster Avenue for a report of a robbery.
Police said a 48-year-old man and his friend were walking in the area when a stranger approached them and asked for a cigarette.
When the man tried to give him a cigarette, three other men appeared and robbed him for his beer and other property.
The group then fled on foot.
The man wasn’t seriously injured in the attack, and police brought in their canine unit to track down the suspects.
Four men were found and arrested a short distance away.
They remain in police custody.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- City golf course plan gets heated at executive committee
- Winnipeg city councillors are getting an earful this morning on the controversial plan to lease out four golf courses and sell another. more »
- Kids of MANFF officials paid for mileage, overtime
- The agency in charge of disbursing federal money to 2011 flood evacuees paid thousands of dollars in overtime and mileage expenses –in some cases, to a senior official or the children of senior officials, CBC News has learned. more »
- Camerata Nova joins forces with John K. Samson
- Troubadours and Tricksters brings together the 14 singers of Camerata Nova with musicians John K. Samson and Christine Fellows. more »
- Former Winnipegger makes the cut on MasterChef
- Marie Porter was one of 100 home cooks and bakers to make it to the on-camera auditions for reality cooking competition "MasterChef." more »
Top News Headlines
- Lawyers tell Rob Ford to limit comments on alleged crack video
- Legal advice may be behind Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's decision to stay silent in the wake of allegations he was recorded smoking what appears to be crack cocaine. more »
- Oklahoma residents begin to return home after deadly tornado
- Rescue workers raced to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children. more »
- Wednesdays with @Kady: Senate expenses questions continue
- As Ottawa waits to see whether Prime Minister Stephen Harper takes questions on the Senate expenses scandal in Peru this afternoon, CBC Politics blogger Kady O'Malley is available to answer your questions on the latest controversial developments. more »
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- Sharlene Bosma told more than 1,000 people at the public memorial service for her slain husband, Tim Bosma, about the love they shared. more »
- Emterra crew dumps trash, recycling in same truck
- 'Unbelievable' rain soaks southern Manitoba
- Castoff couches, mattresses choking Winnipeg alleys
- Man dies after car plunges into Winnipeg pond
- Manitobans weigh into the senate scandal
- Legendary grocer Joe Cantor dies
- Manitoba residents question weather warning system
- Winnipeg house fire sends 1 to hospital
- Winnipeg car-sharing program doubles fleet