Crash in Lockport sends 3 to hospital
Posted: Dec 13, 2012 8:11 PM CST
Last Updated: Dec 13, 2012 9:07 PM CST
A crash between a van and a sport-utility vehicle in Lockport, Man., sent three people to hospital on Thursday night, with one person seriously injured.
RCMP and emergency crews were called to Highway 9, at the junction with Highway 44, at around 5:30 p.m. CT.
It appears the northbound van collided head-on with the southbound SUV on Highway 9, RCMP said in a release.
A total of three people were taken to hospital.
Police say their injuries are unknown at this point, but a male youth was reported to have serious injuries.
The roads were slippery at the time of the crash, according to police.
Highway 9 was expected to stay closed until about 10 p.m.
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Winnipeg's downtown too sparse for grocers, report says
- A former grocer thinks downtown Winnipeg has few grocery options because there are still too few people living downtown and the ones that do have a variety of demands. more »
- City golf course plan gets heated at executive committee
- Winnipeg city councillors are getting an earful this morning on the controversial plan to lease out four golf courses and sell another. more »
- Kids of MANFF officials paid for mileage, overtime
- The agency in charge of disbursing federal money to 2011 flood evacuees paid thousands of dollars in overtime and mileage expenses –in some cases, to a senior official or the children of senior officials, CBC News has learned. more »
- Camerata Nova joins forces with John K. Samson
- Troubadours and Tricksters brings together the 14 singers of Camerata Nova with musicians John K. Samson and Christine Fellows. more »
Top News Headlines
- Ford ally says mayor told to limit comments on alleged crack video
- Legal advice may be behind Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's decision to stay silent in the wake of allegations he was recorded smoking what appears to be crack cocaine. more »
- Oklahoma residents begin to return home after deadly tornado
- Rescue workers raced to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children. more »
- Liberals allege interference in 'tainted' Duffy report
- Liberal Senator Jim Munson, a member of the Senate's internal economy committee that dealt with Senator Mike Duffy's expenses audit, says an original report on the audit was changed and alleges the Prime Minister's Office may have had something to do with the "whitewash." more »
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- Sharlene Bosma told more than 1,000 people at the public memorial service for her slain husband, Tim Bosma, about the love they shared. more »
- Emterra crew dumps trash, recycling in same truck
- 'Unbelievable' rain soaks southern Manitoba
- Castoff couches, mattresses choking Winnipeg alleys
- Man dies after car plunges into Winnipeg pond
- Manitobans weigh into the senate scandal
- Legendary grocer Joe Cantor dies
- Manitoba residents question weather warning system
- Winnipeg house fire sends 1 to hospital
- Winnipeg car-sharing program doubles fleet