Social media reacts to resignation of Phil Sheegl
CBC News Posted: Oct 17, 2013 1:20 PM CT Last Updated: Oct 17, 2013 1:31 PM CT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
- Winnipeg man found not criminally responsible for fatally stabbing wife
- Northern First Nations slam Ottawa for tactics on damaged Churchill rail line
- Winnipeg mayor claims he was threatened by taxi industry over ride-hailing legislation
- Gord Downie used voice to 'shed a light' on aggressive brain cancer
Police are looking for three unknown men — one dressed as a jester — who tried to rob a restaurant with a shotgun on Tuesday night before being overpowered by staff and patrons, in a scene a witness described as "complete mayhem." Video: Tyler Nicholls/Facebook.
Firefighters are battling a blaze in the Bélair Provincial Forest, northeast of Grand Beach. The fire covers about four hectares of forest and is mostly under control but gusting winds have whipped up the flames every so often.
Top News Headlines
- Gord Downie remembered by fans, Canadians far and wide
- 'I should see your face, and you should see mine,' Quebec premier says of new religious neutrality law
- Officials confirm that ammonia leak killed 3 at arena in Fernie, B.C.
- Looking for a place to happen: Canadian stories behind Tragically Hip's lyrics
- Wire-bristle BBQ brush incident reports more than double
- Kids get 'tie and scarf' day as Halloween costumes banned at Winnipeg school
- Missing woman last seen in Winnipeg's South Pointe neighbourhood
- Family of teen who tripped and fell into water tank on Manitoba farm releases statement
- Police chasing jester, masked man after attempted armed robbery at Winnipeg bar
- Woman 'relieved' after rare horses auctioned off to farms across Canada, U.S.
- 2 families, 3 missing and murdered Indigenous women; inquiry reveals how tragedy follows tragedy
- Fire burns close to Manitoba town of Camperville, sheds destroyed
- 'Very tragic': Teen, 14, dies after falling into water tank in RM of Whitehead
'What will it take — a death?' Surgeon urges Health Canada ban on wire brushes
Prominent pediatrician to go to trial this fall
Privacy law restricts sharing information in reference checks, says U of M
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day