Single mom who survived cancer to take in Jets game thanks to kind stranger
Air Date: Nov 17, 2017 6:01 PM CT
When Leslie MacKay's phone rang and there was a stranger on the other line offering her free Jets tickets, she wasn't immediately sure what to think.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Manitoba News Headlines
Architects Hélio Rodrigues and David Penner say the City of Winnipeg wanted to make the building more accessible. The old building had two levels, the new building is all one floor.
A Manitoba foster care operator is facing troubling allegations that raises the question: Are high-risk kids properly being taken care of, particularly in a system where many of them are Indigenous? Perhaps even more troubling than the issue itself is that getting an answer from the government is proving almost impossible.
Top News Headlines
- Indigenous mom of 2 says racist taunts aimed at her family during kids' 1st trip to Winnipeg
- Woman attacked with machete, kicked in head and face while on ground
- Distracted driving to net automatic licence suspension in Manitoba, says infrastructure minister
- 'She didn't deserve to die': Woman found dead was in abusive relationship, brother says
- Egyptian alchemist's recipe brings ancient beer to life in Winnipeg
- 19-year-old arrested after social media post shows western Manitoba student with handgun
- 'We're at our wit's end': Churchill endures winter of discontent as dispute over broken rail line drags on
- Crown drops fraud, theft charges against former NHL player agent after his death
- Crown won't appeal Raymond Cormier's acquittal in death of Tina Fontaine
Court documents accuse Specialized Foster Homes of inappropriate care, putting kids at risk
Found guilty in September of conspiring to murder Americans, using a weapon of mass destruction
Letter to congregation urges them to alert RCMP of other possible violations
CBC digs deeper on the stories of the day