It's a snow day in many southern Manitoba school divisions due to a winter storm.
A storm system located over extreme Northern Minnesota this morning has spread an area of snow over southeastern Manitoba and reached Winnipeg near midnight.
Snowfall will continue this morning with snow falling heavy at times south and east of Winnipeg with visibility reduced to 500 metres or less at times.
Snow is expected to gradually taper off Tuesday afternoon. General snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected over southeastern Manitoba by noon today. Snow will continue in Winnipeg and the Red River Valley this morning, however amounts are expected to remain below the 10 cm warning threshold.
SOURCE: Environment Canada
The closures include:
- Hanover School Division
- Sunrise School Division
- Seine River School Division (staff expected to attend if possible).
- Red River Valley School Division
- Ross L. Gray school
- Shevchenko School (Vita, Border Land School Division)
- Adolphe nursery school and child care
No transportation for the Francophone School Division in the south and southeast but schools are open, specifically:
- L'ecole Gabrielle Roy in Ile De Chenes.
- L'ecole Noel Richot, in St. Norbert
- L'école Lagimodière in Lorette
- L'ecole Point De Chenes in Ste. Anne
- L'ecole St. Joachim in La Broquerie
- L'ecole St. George in St. George
- L'ecole communautaire Real Berard in St. Pierre-Jolys
- L'ecole St. Jean Baptiste in St.Jean
- L'ecole Ste. Agathe in Ste. Agathe
There also won't be any morning classes at Providence University College and Seminary (Otterburne, Man.).